Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup Recipe
By: Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center | Published 11/18/2022
Healthy Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Yellow Onion, coursely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme Leaves
- 2 Jars of Roasted Bell Peppers
- 1 28-ounce Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Crème Fraîche
- Sprigs of Thyme
- Basil Leaves
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Then, add the garlic, basil, and thyme and cook for about 2 more minutes. Stir in the red peppers and tomatoes, with their juices, and simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Then, add the stock and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- In batches, carefully transfer the contents of the saucepan to the bowl or a food processor. Purée the mixture. Return the puréed mixture to the saucepan to reheat.
- When serving, garnish with crème fraîche, thyme, and basil as desired. Consider the addition of H-E-B’s 100% Whole Grain Select Ingredient Fresh Bread.
Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center Blogs: (39)
Memorial Hermann Nurse Health Line Provides Help for Those Looking for Health Information
Self-Care for the Screen Obsessed
Tips for Keeping Your Produce Fresh
Can’t stand the sound of people chewing? It might be misophonia.
10 Dirtiest Things You Touch and How to Stay Safe From Germs
Houston was ranked the most stressful city for workers in the U.S. Here are some ways to cope.
What You Should Know About Jet Lag
10 Ways to Stay Fit as a Family
Related Blogs: Health
Meet Chad Anderson, MA, LPC-S
How to Stay Healthy Outside in Houston This Summer
Dental Hygiene Checklist: Follow These Steps to Achieve Good Oral Health
Choose your Sunscreen Wisely!
Tongue Piercing - Is It Really Cool?
Addiction: Why It's a Disease
Importance Of Socialization for Seniors With Memory Loss
How Laser Treatment Works to Kill Toenail Fungus
Articles by Month of Posting