Free Recycle Day retirns to Pct. 3 on Saturday, Feb. 11
Free Recycle Day returns to Montgomery County Precinct 3 Commissioner James Noack’s facility this Saturday, February 11, Precinct 3 crews will be accepting various items free of charge between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.at the Recycling Center, located at 1122 Pruitt Road in Spring, as well as other stations set up at adjacent parking lots by the sports fields.
Items that will be accepted free of charge include:
- Paint (10-gallon limit per vehicle)
- Household chemicals (10-gallon limit per vehicle)
- Fluorescent bulbs (tubes & CFLs)
- Yard waste (limbs, leaves & clippings)
* Drive-through/Drop-off only – Residents must remain in vehicle
Free paper shredding also will be available: Limit 2 file boxes (boxes not returnable)
Starts at 8 a.m. – first-come, first-served until shredding truck fills up. * Drive-through/Drop-off only – Residents must remain in vehicle
Items not accepted:
- Food trash/perishables
- Pressurized cylinders, propane/helium/butane/oxygen tanks
- Freon/refrigerant/AC system refills
- Medicine/medical waste/sharps/needles
- Fireworks/explosives/road flares
- Smoke detectors
Free Recycle Day is intended for Montgomery County residents only. Proof of residency is required and will be checked. No business or commercial material will be accepted. Landfill material still requires a disposal fee.
Free Recycle Day gives Montgomery County residents an opportunity to dispose of certain recyclables without having to worry about the cost. Resident participation will help keep thousands of pounds of waste from ending up where it doesn't belong. Commissioner Noack’s team will collect, sort and dispose of these materials in a responsible manner.