Know Your Options for your Interior Stair Railing Systems
By: Stair Warehouse | Published 03/21/2023
Interior stair railing systems are essential for safety and aesthetics in any multi-story home. Without the right interior stair railing systems, the value of your property will be diminished. There are a variety of options available to choose from, including:
Wood railing systems:
- Wood is a popular choice for interior stair railing systems as it is elegant and adds warmth to your space. Wood railings are available in a variety of styles, including traditional, contemporary, and rustic.
- Traditional Wood Railing systems are a classic and timeless design that complements many different styles of homes. It typically features vertical balusters, handrails, and newel posts made of wood.
- Custom wood railing systems are perfect for homes with unique architectural features or for those who want to create a one-of-a-kind look. A custom railing system can incorporate a variety of wood species, finishes, and design elements to perfectly match the home's style and personality.
Metal railing systems:
- Metal railing systems are durable and can withstand heavy use. They are available in a variety of finishes, including stainless steel, aluminum, and wrought iron.
- Wrought iron is a classic and elegant choice for interior stair railing systems. It can be crafted into intricate designs and is known for its strength and durability.
- Stainless steel is a popular choice for modern and contemporary homes due to its sleek, minimalist look. It is also incredibly durable and resistant to corrosion and rust.
Glass railing systems:
- Glass railing systems are sleek and modern and can help open up a space by allowing light to pass through. They are available in frameless or framed options and can be customized with different types of glass, including tempered and laminated glass.
Cable railing systems:
- Cable railing systems are minimalistic and are a popular choice for modern and contemporary homes. They are typically made of stainless-steel cables and posts and can be customized to fit the style of the home.
- Some railing systems combine two or more materials to create a unique look. For example, a wood railing system can be combined with metal or glass to create a custom look.
When choosing an interior stair railing system, it is important to consider the style of the home, the level of maintenance required, and the overall budget. Consulting with a professional stair parts distributor like Stair Warehouse and a local contractor can help ensure that you choose the right railing system for your space.
interior stair railing systems