How do you know if you have inflammation in your brain?
Your brain isn't like other body parts. If your knee is inflamed, it hurts. So how do you know if your brain is inflamed? One of the most common symptoms of brain inflammation is brain fog, that feeling of slow and fuzzy thinking. Other common brain inflammation symptoms include depression anxiety, irritability, anger, memory loss, and fatigue. Even getting a song stuck in your head can be a symptom.
Knowing why your brain has inflammation can point you in the direction of the underlying cause. Causes of brain inflammation can include:
- Brain injury
- Chronic inflammation in the body
- Leaky gut
- High blood sugar and diabetes
- Hormone imbalances
- Food intolerances (gluten is notorious)
- Chronic stress
- Brain autoimmunity — a disorder in which the immune system attacks and damages brain tissue
Brain inflammation means your brain is degenerating (aging) too fast. Here are some ways you can reduce or prevent inflammation in the brain:
- Take flavonoids
- Balance your blood sugar
- Rule out food sensitivities
- Balance your hormones
- Heal your gut and promote good gut bacteria
- Fill your body with anti-inflammatory nutrients
- Get functional neurology help for brain injuries
It's important to take brain inflammation seriously, even if you can't feel or see it. If you are experiencing any symptoms that could be related, contact our office, and see how we can help.