Function as Inventory Associate for the Interfaith Hand Me Up Shop resale store by receiving and picking up donations, working with volunteers and staff in the workroom and on the sales floor to ensure heavy inventory stock is moved safely. Heavy lifting is an essential function of this job as moving of donations, boxes, bins and furniture, etc. are daily activities of this position at the Hand Me Up Shop. Must be able to drive a 15 foot box truck to assist with donation pickup.
• Provide excellent customer service to customers, clients and donors.
• Follow directive for daily plan with management and staff required to operate and maintain the Hand Me Up Shop inventory.
• Follow procedures and process for furniture donations and intake of the Hand Me Up Shop.
• Able to work with power tools: i.e. sanders, drills, skill saws for light carpentry and furniture repair as needed.
• Move furniture in a safe and non-damaging manner.
• Maintain clean working area, including workroom, showroom, and outside of building.
• Support Interfaith in creating a positive working environment for staff, volunteers and customers.
• Support Interfaith in disaster recovery efforts.
• Other duties as assigned
High school education level, customer service experience preferred, furniture retail and/or moving experience preferred. Must be able to lift 50 pounds continually. Must reside with 15 miles of 77381 zip code. Experience with diverse populations, nonprofits, and customer service preferred. Strong organizational skills, and attention to details, ability to multitask, and ability to work independently and on collaborative projects. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, lifting
Stress and weekends
Based on background and experience
Employment Type: Employee - Part Time
Interfaith of The Woodlands