Function as intake specialist; interview, evaluate, and document needs of families and individuals applying for assistance through Interfaith Crisis Assistance Programs. Assume lead role of special programs as assigned.
• Screen clients for needs and eligibility
• Schedule appointments and make appropriate social services referrals
• Interview and evaluate clients and determine qualified assistance available
• Process checks and invoices and document assistance given
• Data entry into Client Track database
• Maintain filing procedures of client files
• Plan and execute assigned special program
• Organize and oversee volunteers for assigned special program
• Assist in Interfaith disaster recovery efforts
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years social services/nonprofit experience preferred. Must be bilingual with Spanish fluency. Strong organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills; computer proficient; ability to manage multiple tasks are attributes for success in this position. Experience working with and leading a diverse group of people to achieve common goal preferred. Live within 15 miles of 77381 area, preferred. Must be able to heavy lift (up to 40 lbs.) stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and lift. Extensive reading and computer usage.
Based on background and experience
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Interfaith of The Woodlands - Visit Our Business Directory Listing