Summary: The Preschool Director is the lead administrator of the preschool, responsible for overseeing daily operations of the program whose enrollment is typically two hundred or more children. The position invites enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to provide the best school year possible for each child and family. Communicates and demonstrates The Woodlands Methodist Church’s (TWMC) vision to win people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in faith, and help those in need through applicable programming.
Essential Functions: Provide prayerful, visionary leadership for the overall function of Children of The Woodlands Preschool. This includes:
- Supports mission statement, guiding principles, and philosophy of Children of The Woodlands (COTW) and TWMC.
- Provide guided tours for prospective families and members of the community to acquaint the public with the school.
- In collaboration with COTW leadership team, prepare and deliver consistent communication to parents utilizing social media, digital, and printed forms including information about program activities, policies, and events.
- Develop and foster successful relationships with school families.
- Serve as a resource for parents and teachers in supporting best practices for young children.
- Collaborate with other TWMC ministries including The Woodlands Methodist School (TWMS), Children’s Ministry and the church nursery.
- Attend Administration staff meetings, church staff meetings, and other meetings deemed appropriate by the Executive Pastor of Administration.
- Assist in the safe transfer of children during arrival and departure.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Pastor of Administration.
- Administer the day-to-day operation of the school in keeping with its policies and developmental philosophy.
- Collaborate with COTW leadership team and staff to develop educational and creative curriculum.
- Perform ongoing assessment of programs, procedures, and systems to determine effectiveness and alignment. Plan and execute needed changes revealed by the assessments.
- Ensure curriculum is age-appropriate and aligned to suit the needs of the children, and staff.
- Maintain a consistent presence during school operating hours and designate an alternate director when absent.
- Responsible for maintaining all licensing requirements, meeting, or exceeding standards with the children’s safety as the primary objective.
- Collaborate with Curriculum Advisor to plan and approve staff training opportunities.
- Supervise and collaborate with COTW business office coordinator regarding pay scales, offer letters, enrollment, and school expenditures.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety by ensuring safety and evacuation protocols are established, communicated, and executed with all staff and children when appropriate. Ensure clear communication of these protocols through signage, print, and digital communication.
- Collaborate with TWMC staff to assist school employees concerning human resources, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate capital improvements in the preschool classrooms and playground.
- Recruit, interview, hire, supervise, train, schedule, and evaluate personnel. Collaborate with Human Resources when termination is determined to be in the best interest of the school.
- Partner with the Executive Pastor of Administration and the COTW business office to prepare and adopt an annual income and expenses budget and operate within the budget.
- Approve purchase, inventory, and management of supplies.
- Meet COTW and licensing requirements for in-service training and professional growth.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with the theological beliefs and standards of TWMC.
Visit our webiste: childrenofthewoodlands.org
- Intimate understanding of Christian scriptures and Wesleyan doctrine.
- Qualified candidates will have a degree in Child Development, Early Childhood or ECE Teaching endorsement, Master’s Degree in Child Development preferred.
- Minimum of five years of administrative and classroom experience with children ages 0 – 8.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity, discernment, and discretion with sensitive information and people.
- Able to creatively problem-solve if issues arise.
- Self-motivated to study and improve knowledge and skill in areas of responsibility as needed. Teachable.
- Strong people skills, with sensitivity to faith and beliefs, in contact with employees, volunteers, and children’s parents.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written formats, with a demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations.
- Responsible for guiding young children toward developing their faith through teaching the Word of God.
Dependent upon experience
The Woodlands Methodist Church
2200 Lake Woodlands Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Employment Type: Employee - Full Time
Job Location(s): The Woodlands
The Woodlands Methodist Church - Visit Our Business Directory Listing