Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health committee distributes $450,000 to Montgomery County organizations in fight against cancer
THE WOODLANDS, Texas -- The Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Committee announced the distribution of $450,000 to help cancer survivors in and around the greater Montgomery County area.
“One of the reasons I feel strongly about leading the Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health committee as co-chair is that I know the funds we raise are distributed to our community to put our mission to work to fight breast and ovarian cancer,” said Cheryl Brady.
Local organizations including Interfaith Community Clinic, Judith L. Robinson Foundation, The Rose and Canopy were recipients of the monies raised at the 2017 Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Luncheon and associated events:
- $227,000 to Canopy, a cancer survivorship center on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital
- $66,000 to Interfaith Community Clinic to provide mammograms for underserved women and support breast cancer education and outreach
- $47,000 to The Rose for breast screening, diagnostics, and treatment for any woman regardless of her age
- $20,000 to the Judith L. Robinson Foundation to assist in their mission to increase awareness of ovarian cancer and its symptoms
- $40,000 for educational materials provided to survivors via the oncology nurse navigator at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands
- $50,000 in seed money for the 2018 Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Luncheon
“Our sponsors make all of this work possible and we are so grateful for them. We are thrilled to welcome Richie’s Pharmacy back as our presenting sponsor again this year,” remarked co-chair Tiffany McClung.
The Annual Memorial Hermann In the Pink of Health Luncheon is being held at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott & Convention Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 12, 2018. To sponsor the luncheon or to purchase a table, visit www.inthepinkofhealth.org or call 713.897.PINK (7465).