Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Urges Hurricane Preparedness as Season Begins
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX - June 1st, marks the beginning of Hurricane Season and, in this VIDEO, Sheriff Rand Henderson discusses the importance of storm preparedness.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office wants to remind all citizens to stay informed. A great way to stay up to date is to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and NextDoor (@MCTXSheriff) where we will post weather information, road closures, high-water advisories, and public safety notices.
Another great tool and resource at your fingertips is to download the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Smartphone App in the Google and Apple App Store. The Mobile App is user friendly and allows you to subscribe to push notifications such as traffic alerts, public safety announcements, events, and press releases.
It’s important to plan ahead and get started on gathering supplies such as:
• First-aid kit, prescription medications, eyeglasses, copies of prescriptions, other special medical items, hearing aids and batteries
• Important documents and records, photo IDs, proof of residence, information to process insurance claims
• Credit cards and cash (if power is out, banks and ATMs may not be available)
• Road maps, a travel plan, hotel reservations, list of places between your town and your destination to stop if the highways are clogged
• 3-day supply of non-perishable food, one gallon of bottled water per person per day, coolers for food and ice storage, paper plates, utensils
• Manual can opener, knife, tools, booster cables, fire extinguisher, duct tape, tarp, rope, and flashlight with extra batteries
• Supplies for babies, the elderly and family members with special health care needs
• Personal hygiene products- food, cleaning supplies and supplies for your pets
Other Storm Preparedness Resources:
Video of Sheriff Rand Henderson discussing Storm Preparedness