The Woodlands Township Board holds videoconference meeting
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, at 6 p.m.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Authorized execution of an Election Services Agreement with Harris County, Texas.
• Authorized execution of an Election Services Agreement with Montgomery County, Texas.
• Authorized execution of a Joint Election Agreement with Montgomery County, Texas and possibly other jurisdictions in Montgomery County, Texas.
• Approved a Sculpture and Access Easement at Creekside Village Green.
• Approved the 2020/2021 Anticipated Debt Service Collection Rate and the 2019 Excess Debt Service Tax Collection Report, as certified by the Montgomery County Tax Assessor-Collector.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:?
• Took no action related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
• Accepted a report from Entergy Texas on recent power outages, smart meters and future improvements.
• Accepted reports from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4 and Montgomery County Constable’s Office Precinct 3. The presentations can be viewed here.
• Accepted a quarterly update from the Development Standards Committee.
• Received a report from Woodlands Water and approved an Interlocal Agreement with Woodlands Water, Southern Montgomery County MUD, Timber Lakes/Timber Ridge MUD and possibly other jurisdictions with funding to a maximum of $45,000 from the Flood and Drainage Reserve Fund; and authorized the President/General Manager to execute the interlocal agreement.
• Deferred adopting guidelines for a Cultural Fund Grant Program. The presentation can be viewed here.
• Deferred next steps on the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between The Woodlands Township and The Center for Performing Arts in The Woodlands for a performing arts facility due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The presentation can be viewed here.
• Approved funding for videoconferencing licensing fees and up to $5,000 for equipment for the Residential Design Review Committee (RDRC) meetings.
Accepted a summary of the Budget Task Force’s review of the 2020 and 2021 budgets. The presentation can be viewed here.
• Received and accepted the financial report.
• Approved the order calling Directors Election to be held on November 3, 2020 and determining procedure of giving notice of same.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at?www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed.?Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at?https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.??
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit?www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.