National Night Out Drive-Thru Event Set for Sunday, October 11, 2020
THE WOODLANDS, TX – National Night Out, the annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships as well as crime and drug prevention awareness, will have a new look this year. To keep neighbors safe amid the Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic, neighborhood block parties and social gatherings will be replaced with a public safety drive-thru event. It is set for Sunday, October 11, 2020, from 2 to 5 p.m.
The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch has designed the public safety drive-thru event for all neighborhoods to share friendly greetings with public safety personnel.
• Routes are designated by village, neighborhood and main collector streets and include estimated times. They will be posted on The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch Facebook page and The Township website after Monday, October 5, 2020.
• Residents are encouraged to come to their own front yards, driveways or to the nearest intersection crossing to wave hello, display thank-you posters, sidewalk chalk art and other creative gestures to thank public safety personnel.
• Please keep everyone safe by practicing social distancing and wearing face coverings.
• As public safety apparatus and personnel enter a neighborhood, they will sound their horn and/or siren. They will remain in their vehicles as they drive by and wave.
• Please do not approach the public safety vehicles, and be especially mindful of children.
Participating agencies include the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery County Constable’s Office – Precinct 3, Montgomery County Hospital District (EMS), Harris County Constable’s Office – Precinct 4, The Woodlands Fire Department and Texas Department of Public Safety-Highway Patrol.
For more information, please email your Township Neighborhood Watch Program Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the appropriate number below.
• Alden Bridge and Panther Creek: Please contact M.J. Currey at 281-210-3886.
• Creekside Park and College Park: Please contact Julie Quinn at 281-210-3889.
• Sterling Ridge and Indian Springs: Please contact John Osborne at 281-210-5808.
• Cochran’s Crossing and Grogan’s Mill: Please contact Rena Dodd at 281-210-3887.
In the spirit of National Night Out, and neighbors helping neighbors, The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch is collaborating with Interfaith of The Woodlands Food Pantry, Montgomery County Women’s Center and Montgomery County Animal Shelter. Details can be found on The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch Facebook page.