Township Update during Winter Storm February 16, 2021
THE WOODLANDS, TX - Here is a Township update regarding the winter storm and its effect on residents of The Woodlands.
The Woodlands electrical needs are served by Entergy and CenterPoint. Read the latest update from Entergy. Please also be aware of how to conserve energy during this trying time.
Centerpoint Energy Information
• ERCOT has generation and demand problems across the grid. CenterPoint’s generation and distribution lines are sound, but they had to shed load through blackouts to help balance the load on the grid. Generation is slowly being restored.
• Read an Important Notice from Woodlands Water.
• For water update, click here: www.woodlandswater.org
Temporary Emergency Contact for Woodlands Water
The Woodlands Water Agency voicemail system was disabled by the weather-related technical difficulties. If you have a water emergency, please call 936-446-6762 and staff will follow up as soon as possible. Please leave your name, address and phone number on the message. More information is available at www.woodlandswater.org.
Creekside Park residents are served by Harris-Montgomery Counties Municipal Utility District No. 386
• 24-hour service: 281-290-6503
• Billing & Customer Care: 281-290-6507
The Church Project at 602 Pruitt Road is operating as a warming center. It is open 24/7 until no longer needed. Cots and blankets are available for those who need to rest or stay overnight provided by American Red Cross through Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management. Water and snacks provided by Montgomery County Food Bank. There are wellness checks, COVID screenings and PPE equipment available if needed.
Additional Township Information:
• Township offices and facilities are closed Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. All public meetings with The Woodlands Township have been cancelled or postponed. A decision will be made on Tuesday as to whether to close on Wednesday.
• All Recreational Facilities including Riva Row Boat House, Lakes Edge Boat House, and Texas TreeVentures are closed.
• Convenience voting for The Woodlands Villages and Residential Design Review Committees is cancelled for Tuesday.
• The Woodlands Express and The Waterway Trolley operations are suspended Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Curative COVID-19 testing is closed through Wednesday, February 17 and will determine the remainder of the week at a later point.
• Conroe, Magnolia and Tomball school districts are closed Tuesday, as will The Woodlands Christian Academy and The John Cooper School. Please check with your respective school for details. Conroe school district will also be closed Wednesday. Tomball remote Professional Development and remote learning for students is cancelled for Wednesday.
• Garbage collection service is suspended Tuesday, February 16 in response to the hazardous road conditions resulting from the winter weather. Waste Management plans to recover routes beginning Wednesday, February 17 if road conditions allow. Collection service will be delayed by two days throughout the rest of the week. Those communities who normally receive collection service on Monday should anticipate collection service on Wednesday. Tuesday customers on Thursday and so on.
Home Safety Information
Winter storms are dangerous. They can bring cold temperatures, power failures, loss of communication services, and icy roads. This can make being outside dangerous, so you should limit your time outside. Although staying indoors as much as possible can help reduce the risk of car crashes and falls on the ice, you may also face hazards inside your home. Please read more here: https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/winter/duringstorm/indoorsafety.html
All Montgomery County road closures can be found via MCTX LIVE.
Interfaith of The Woodlands
Interfaith Central Office is closed due to inclement weather on Monday, February 15 and Tuesday, February 16. If you have an immediate request for assistance, please email email@example.com. Stay tuned to social media for up-to-date details on office hours for the remainder of the week.
Also plan to limit outdoor exposure as wind chills are expected to be unusually cold. Roads and bridges may ice over. Public safety officials highly recommend staying off roadways if both temperatures remain below freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit) and precipitation occur at the same time. Monitor roadways through Houston Transtar and Montgomery County Northstar. For statewide traveling, check out www.drivetexas.org
Please check The Woodlands Township homepage at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov for updates to the calendar and news flashes, or follow the Township on Facebook and Twitter.
• View Additional Messages from Partner Agencies, including safety tips and advice.
For current weather conditions and advisories, follow your favorite weather station or app, or visit www.weather.gov.