Montgomery County COVID-19 Update for May 27, 2021
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX – Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, would like to encourage residents to be vaccinated against COVID-19. According to CDC guidelines, it is safe for fully vaccinated residents to forego wearing a mask in most instances.
Second doses are available at Woodforest Stadium on certain days this week, but it will permanently close Tuesday, June 1st. If you have questions, please call the COVID-19 Call Center at 936-523-3916. It is open Monday-Thursday from 8:00am – 4:30pm and Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm. *Please note, the vaccine site at Woodforest Stadium, the COVID-19 Call Center and the offices of MCPHD will be closed on Monday, May 31st in observance of Memorial Day.
Other hospitals, physicians’ offices, and pharmacies also have vaccines available for all adults. Please check their websites and Facebook pages for additional information. You can find a list of providers and additional information on the DSHS website here: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine-hubs.aspx.
Today, we can confirm one additional death related to COVID-19.
• A man in his 60s, from Porter, died in the hospital. He had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
We can also confirm:
• TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 92 to 54,359 since Wednesday’s (5/26) report.
• ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 increased by 57 to 1,236 since Wednesday’s (5/26) report.
• 62 county residents are known, as a result of contact investigations, to be in the hospital. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
• 28,884 people have clinically recovered.
The Testing Positivity Rate for Montgomery County has decreased to 5%, down from 6% last week. This number is updated weekly on Wednesdays. Source: UT Health, School of Public Health
*These numbers include PCR and rapid antigen testing. We do not include antibody testing.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY VACCINATION STATUS:
• Percentage of Population 12+ Vaccinated with At Least One Dose: 48.24%
• Percentage of Population 12+ Fully Vaccinated: 36.18%
• Percentage of Population 65+ Vaccinated with At Least One Dose: 78.01%
• Percentage of Population 65+ Fully vaccinated: 64.18%
SETRAC data for regional hospitalizations can be found here: https://bit.ly/3jwhdiV.
The COVID-19 dashboard for Montgomery County can be found here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19.
• Get vaccinated.
• Avoid groups of people.
• Practice social distancing.
• Wear a mask in public (over your nose and mouth) or with others who live outside your household if you are NOT fully vaccinated. Never share a mask with others.
• Teach children proper hygiene and the correct way to wear a mask.
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
• Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.