The Woodlands Township Board holds meeting on Thursday, October 21, 2021
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Thursday, October 21, 2021, at The Woodlands Township Townhall and discussed major intersection projects, Incorporation election information and other topics.
The Board discussed major intersection projects including at Research Forest Drive and Grogan's Mill as well as Lake Woodlands and Grogan’s Mill. The Board reiterated its opposition to creating overpasses at either of the intersections and encouraged Montgomery County Precinct 2 and 3 to find other solutions. View Presentation.
Shenandoah Mayor Ritch Wheeler was at the meeting and he stated that neither residents or businesses in Shenandoah support the idea of having an overpass on Research Forest.
The Board also discussed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, including hospitalizations and testing facilities in The Woodlands. To view the presentation, click here: COVID Board Presentation.
The Board received a 10-year projection of revenues and expenses under the Incorporation Planning Study agenda item from Assistant General Manager of Finance and Administration Monique Sharp. The Township works diligently with the entities mentioned below to maintain positive working relationships based on the provision of transparent, timely and accurate financial information prepared in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, the government accounting standards board and best practices advocated by the Governmental Finance Officers Association. Outside entities routinely monitor The Woodlands Township’s financial information including:
• Credit rating agencies
• Bond holders
• Bond disclosure counsel
• Banking and other financial institutions
• Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
Ms. Sharp discussed how the Township has increased its spending in public safety services for the residents and businesses of The Woodlands while lowering the tax rate significantly over the past 11 years. In addition, Ms. Sharp addressed how the board has significantly lowered the tax rate rather than establishing a homestead exemption. For the complete discussion by the Board, click here: www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/Meeting-Videos
In other items, the Board:
• Accepted a quarterly update from the Development Standards Committee.
• Accepted a quarterly update from the One Water Task Force.
• Accepted a review of tennis and pickleball court access.
• Approved an Amended and Restated Donation Agreement with The Woodlands Art Council for the Art Bench Project.
• Approved a cul-de-sac island landscape maintenance services plan.
The Board of Directors approved the following on the Consent Agenda:
• Administrative Reports for Community Services;
• Administrative Reports for Law Enforcement and Community Policing;
• Administrative Reports for Transportation (Park and Ride and Trolley System);
• Administrative Reports for The Woodlands Fire Department;
• A streetscape maintenance equipment purchase;
• An award of bid for 2022 aquatic facility chemical delivery, mini-bulk liquid (C-2021-0324), and dry chemicals (C-2021-0325);
• Renewal of the Interlocal Agreement with Harris County RIDES for the provision of ADA-required paratransit service for the Town Center Trolley (C-2020-0256); The presentations linked above and additional board meeting presentations can be found here: https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/Archive.aspx?AMID=280
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.