- Sections :
- Crime & Public Safety
- Restaurants & Food
The Woodlands Chamber Celebrates 43 Years of Leadership In The Business Community at Annual Meeting & Award Luncheon
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce brought more than 200 business leaders together on Thursday, December 16 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel- Shenandoah - The Woodlands
Chamber members and guests gathered to celebrate the successes of the 2020 – 2021 year and honor volunteers who have showed exemplary support to help further The Chamber’s mission and bolster the business community.
Hollie referenced accomplishments of The Chamber over the past fiscal year and shared his commitment to serving businesses, driving economic growth, and advancing The Chamber’s role in the community.
“The 2020 – 2021 fiscal year was nothing short of amazing. I would like to say THANK You to our members volunteers and board of directors who helped make our year a success. Making connections throughout the pandemic was certainly not easy, however our team and members persevered. We continue to find new ways to grow connections and be a resource for our members.” – J.J Hollie, President & CEO of The Woodlands Chamber.
The retiring 2020-2021 Board of Directors and Team Leaders were recognized for their service to The Chamber. Members celebrating 20-40 years of membership were also recognized for their continued support.
The highlight of the event was the announcement of The Chamber’s annual specialty award recipients.
• Diplomat of the year award was presented to David Dewhurst of Prosperity Living who has served on the team for the last 15 years and is now a 5-time recipient of this prestigious award.
• The Chamber Volunteer of the year was presented to David Deveau of Deveau Financial who has been an invaluable volunteer to the Chamber over the last year serving on just about every team.
• The Community Citizen of the Year award was presented to all the Healthcare Workers who have been caring for the community through this pandemic
HCA Houston Healthcare – Conroe Hospital
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center
St. Luke’s Health – The Woodlands Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital – The Woodlands
• The Top Influencer Under 40 award was presented to Angela Storseth – Cooper of The US Oncology Network / McKesson who is quickly becoming an influential leader.
• The Chairman’s Award was presented to Nicole Preston of Community Impact Newspaper who has been a true asset to the Board of Directors.
• Legacy Award was presented to US Congressman Kevin Brady serving the 8th District of Texas who has worked tirelessly with local elected officials on projects that enhanced and sustained our quality of life.
J.J. Hollie ended the awards ceremony by thanking Linda Nelson, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center, for her year of service as our 2020-2021 Chairman of the Board. Linda was able to keep us connected to top healthcare officials while helping The Chamber safely reopen our doors to in-person events and meetings while ensuring the well-being of all members.
Now in its 43rd year, The Chamber owes much of its success to the countless number of businessmen and women who have donated their time and talent to the betterment of South Montgomery County.
Event sponsors included: The Koch Insurance Group, Lone Star College System, St. Luke’s Health – The Woodlands Hospital, The Howard Hughes Corporation, The Woodlands Christian Academy, Bayway Cadillac, Ellard Insurance & Risk Management Corporation, Heightened Leaders, Shenandoah Convention & Visitors Bureau, The Woodlands Economic Development Partnership, Love Heals Youth, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center, Sam Houston State University, WC Construction, Bayside Printing Company, Inc., and Community Impact Newspaper.