The Woodlands Township holds Board of Directors meeting, approves shuttle service to the Houston Rodeo
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a Regular Board Meeting on January 20, 2022, at 6 p.m., at the office of The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd, The Woodlands, Texas, to discuss and act on items of interest to the community.
One very important item of interest to The Woodlands residents is a weekend shuttle service to the Houston Rodeo this year. Residents and visitors of The Woodlands and surrounding areas can take a ride to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in 2022 with The Woodlands Express.
The Woodlands Express, the Township’s Park and Ride transportation service to Houston, will take riders to NRG Stadium for the pre-Rodeo Bar-B-Que Cookoff dates and each weekend during the rodeo, allowing rodeo-goers to enjoy all of the fun without all of the frustration of parking and driving. Service will originate from the Sawdust Park and Ride at 701 Westridge Road.
The cost of round-trip transportation to the event is $13 per person. This service will be available the following dates: February 24, February 25, February 26, March 4 (evening only), March 5, March 6, March 11 (evening only), March 12, March 13, March 18 (evening only), March 19 and March 20, 2022.
Reservations will be required. Per the federal Transportation Safety Administration, face coverings will be required while riding the service. Full schedule information and the reservation site link will be released February 1, 2022.
The Board also received an update on COVID-19 and received a status update for Montgomery and Harris counties. The presentation can be found here: https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/Archive.aspx?ADID=12020 .
The Board discussed relocation of Fire Station 5, which is located off Branch Crossing Drive, in the near future. Grant dollars to add an additional squad are being requested for this station. While improvements to the station and relocation of the facility have been discussed, Fire Station 5 and its related crews are fully functional.
In other business, the Board approved its meeting calendar for 2022, which follows previous schedules, and discussed scheduling a strategic planning session in February.
The Board also approved several items on a consent agenda, which included acceptance or approval of the following:
• Minutes of the November 12, 2021 Special Meeting, November 17, 2021 Regular Meeting, December 1, 2021 Regular Meeting, and December 8, 2021 Regular Meeting, December 16, 2021 Special Meeting and the December 29, 2021 Special Meeting for the Board of Directors for The Woodlands Township;
• Administrative Reports for Community Services;
• Administrative Reports for Law Enforcement and Community Policing;
• Administrative Reports for Transportation (Park and Ride and Trolley System);
• Administrative Reports for The Woodlands Fire Department;
• Resolution No. 001-22 for Adoption of Prevailing Wage Rate Scale for Construction Projects
• Montgomery County Emergency Communication District 911 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAP) Improvement Program grant contribution;
• Notice of Intent to Renew for a one-year extension of the contract with First Class Transportation, LLC., for Commuter Bus Service (C-2015-5229A8);
• United States Tennis Association Grow the Game Grant;
• Change order for the Bear Branch Park Inclusive Playground (C-2020-0120);
• Aquatic facility improvements (C-2021-0459, C-2021-0460, C-2021-0222, C-2021-0223);
Meetings may be attended in person, watched live online or viewed later via recording at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/meetingvideos. The agenda and attachments may be viewed at https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/991/Agendas-Minutes-and-More.