The John Cooper School's 17th Annual Empty Bowls Set for April 22, 2023
THE WOODLANDS, TX -- “Empty Bowls is a grassroots movement by artists and crafts people in cities and towns around the world to raise money and awareness for food related charities to care for and feed the hungry in their communities.
Empty Bowls supports food-related charitable organizations around the world and has raised millions of dollars to help end hunger.”
The National Art Honor Society at The John Cooper School is a student led organization whose mission is to build strong connections to their school and local community while fostering creativity and empowering each other through the arts.
The John Cooper School’s chapter of National Art Honor Society has raised over $125,000 dollars over the 16 years hosting an Empty Bowls event to support those families facing food-insecurity within our Woodlands Community.
The 17th annual Empty Bowls event will take place Saturday, April 22nd, 2023, from 10:30-2:00 pm at the Sims Student Center on The John Cooper School Campus. Silent Auction ends at 1:30. Activities will also be available including face painting, coloring, and crafting for the kids.
HOW can you help?
• I want to help, but I cannot attend – Thank you! Go online to the Empty Bowls Tile found on The John Cooper website to reserve your child’s bowl (sent home after the event) and/or donate any amount
• I want to attend the event with my kid – Great! Go online to the Empty Bowls tile found on The John Cooper website to reserve your child(s) bowl(s) and purchase tickets for the other attendees who did not make a bowl. For each $10 donation you get admission to the event, a bowl, and a simple meal of soup, bread, and water. For example, a family of 4 = $40 – Mom and Dad can pick a piece of art of their choice from the “non-reserved” area, the two children get their own handmade bowl, and everyone gets a meal.
• I missed reservation times, and I am just showing up! - Attendees who have NOT reserved a bowl prior to the event may purchase an event ticket at the door for a donation of $10, which will include a piece of art of your choice from the “non-reserved” area as well as a simple lunch of soup, bread, and water.
• BONUS if you attend: Everyone who attends the on-campus event will have the opportunity to bid on wonderful artwork donated to the Silent Auction from John Cooper faculty, alumni, families, and Woodlands community artists.
• BONUS if you attend: In our “non-reserved” area, we are pleased to offer a variety of student donated items for selection or additional purchase including clay pieces, photography, paintings, and sculptures.
WHO does this help?
All proceeds will go to support Interfaith of the Woodlands Food Pantry. This food pantry is available to individuals and families who are facing food insecurity. Interfaith’s Food Pantry program includes Nutrition Every Weekend which provides backpacks of food for children at risk of hunger over the weekend during the school year, Seniors Eating Well a grocery delivery to homebound senior adults, On The Go Market Days a mobile food pantry that takes food assistance to high need areas, and Veggie Village which is two community gardens that provide fresh organic produce to the Food Pantry.